Music/MovementOur objective is to have fun while learning about the fundamentals of music. This class is NOT about sitting around singing songs – we will be up movin' and groovin'.
Our classes combine all of the elements of a traditional kid-friendly music program into one class that uses imagination and activity to teach the fundamentals of music. Our kids are engaged in an interactive weekly program. Your child will never be bored – we use a variety of songs and instruments.
- Tone and Texture
- Melody – pitch and theme
- Rhythm – beat, tempo, meter
- Discover and practice the elements of music:
- Dynamics – forte, piano, crescendo, decrescendo
- Harmony – chord and key
- Identify the music staff, notes, and scales
THE FUNtastic Fitness & Nutrition education program. Our objective is to improve the level of fitness in our STARS and teach them (and their families) the importance of a healthy lifestyle and the perils of inactivity.
Our classes combine all of the elements of a traditional kid-friendly movement program into one class that uses imagination and non-stop activity to teach healthy living. Our kids are engaged in an interactive weekly program. Your child will never be bored – we use a variety of skill-specific equipment.
- The rate of overweight preschoolers has tripled over the past two decades. The AAP recommends that age appropriate exercise begin at the preschool level (American Academy of Pediatrics).
- Children today have a shorter life expectancy than their parents for the first time in 200 years because of the epidemic of obesity (Baylor College of Medicine).
- Preschoolers should have 60 minutes and toddlers 30 minutes of STRUCTURED daily physical activity – not just free play (National Association of Sports & Physical Education).
- Stretch-n-Grow is your school's choice for early childhood physical education!
- Group participation – builds self-esteem
- Cool downs – emphasizes stretching and flexibility
- Warm-up activity stories – engages their imagination
- Cognitive lessons – keeps the kids stimulated
- Music – keeps activities fun
- Interactivity – builds social skills
- Appropriate physical movements – develops growing bodies
- Equipment – improves manipulative skills
- Continuous movement – means no waiting in line
- Age-appropriate workouts – builds endurance and strength
- Physical conditioning – prepares them for team sports
- Non-competitive activities – fosters friendly relationships
- Learn how to keep our bodies healthy through exercise and nutrition
- Discover the importance of drinking lots of water every day
- Distinguish between healthy foods (every day foods) and junk food (sometimes food)
- Identify major muscles and bones in the body
- Learn how vitamins and minerals help keep our bodies healthy
- Identify the two types of exercise/activity – aerobic and strengthening
- Learn and practice the five healthy habits – exercise, good hygiene, nutrition, rest, good attitude